Get Involved, Make a Difference!
Volunteering with the Chamber: The Chamber has a number of committees, including an active Education Committee, that would welcome qualified members. For more information on opportunities volunteering on a Chamber Committee, call 870-338-8327.
There are also other countless opportunities to volunteer in Phillips County. In fact, it's one of the most popular and enjoyable ways to spend time with existing friends and to make new ones.
Whether it is volunteering at one of our huge annual events (e.g. King Biscuit Blues Festival, Wild Hog Music Fest & Motorcycle Rally), our many small annual events (e.g. MSH Wine Tasting or Beer Tasting, the Healthy Helena Expo), volunteering on an ongoing basis to help with beautification, or read to a classroom of students- opportunities abound.
Check this page regularly to find volunteer opportunities from Chamber Members.
The best way to stay in the loop about most all volunteering opportunities is to subscribe to our Weekly Community Events Email Newsletter. Whenever the Chamber learns about a volunteer opportunity, we will include it in our weekly newsletter and add it to the list below. Then, if you see an opportunity that interests you, you can simply reach out directly to the organization seeking volunteers via the information in the email you receive.
CURRENT VOLUNTEER NEEDS
1) The Cherry Street Fair is looking to fill the following volunteer positions:
2) Main Street Helena is in need of the following volunteers:
3) We Care is in need of volunteers:
- Individuals or groups to find an area such as a park, roadway, vacant lot that needs cleaning and to take on the challenge.
For more information, contact Larry Evans at email@example.com
4) The Family Center, INC
- If you or anyone form the Phillips County area needs a holiday box, please contact The Family Center, Inc at AOG_HOPE@yahoo.com or 870-338-8447 by Wednesday, November 1, 2017. All calls and request are kept confidential. Photo ID will be required for pickup.
Get Involved with a Civic Club
Phillips County is host to numerous, active Civic Clubs.
If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to contact the Chamber at 870-338-8327.
- Rotary Club of Helena-West Helena: Contact Otis Howe at 870-338-7476.
- Kiwanis Club of Helena-West Helena: Contact Lisa Polk at 870-816-5491.
- Kiwanis Club of Elaine: Contact Connie Miller at 870-827-3434.
- Lions Club: Contact Rose Seaton at 870-338-8361.
- Marvell Civic Club: Contact Barbie Washburn at 870-829-1001.
- Junior Auxiliary: Contact Monique Nichols at 870-995-1389 or firstname.lastname@example.org.