phillips county and your business
Why Phillips County?
Phillips County has a number of invaluable assets that make it the right place to locate your business. These include:
Prime Location – Located on the Mississippi River just 65 miles from Memphis (America’s acknowledged distribution center), Phillips County offers a strategic location with ready access to the nation's heartland, the Gulf of Mexico, and ocean trade lanes to the world.
Outstanding Logistics – Boasting a Level IV regional airport, the third busiest port on the Mississippi by tonnage, Class I railroad service from Union Pacific, four-lane access to I-40, and the only bridge across the Mississippi River for 50 miles in either direction, Phillips County is a logistics dream.
Great Business Climate – Low-cost real estate and competitive labor rates combine with a business-friendly regulatory environment to produce an environment in which you'll want to do business. When you do, you'll find yourself in good company, including...
- Amerimax Building Products (a division of Euramax International) – Custom coating of aluminum and steel
- BPS, Inc. – Custom packaging for products ranging from agricultural (e.g. industrial sized bags & boxes for fertilizer, agricultural products) to consumer products, with a specialty in water-soluble packaging
- Enviro Tech Chemical Services – Manufacture food-grade sanitizers for use in the food industry, in water treatment, and hydraulic fracturing
- Helena Industries – Custom formulation and packaging of industrial and agricultural chemicals
- Hoffinger Industries / Doughboy Recreational – Manufacture the iconic “Doughboy” above-ground and in-ground swimming pools, as well as other lines of swimming pools and accessories
- Norac – Manufacturer of chemicals used in the production of plastics
- United Initiators SPI – Producer of organic peroxides (which accelerate chemical reactions in the manufacturing of polymers and composites; largest single producer of Benzoyl Peroxide in the world
“The business climate in Arkansas – particularly in Helena and Phillips County – has proven to be the easiest, most welcoming, and accommodating of any we have experienced. Everyone we have worked with at both the state and local level has made it clear to us that a California business such as Enviro Tech is a welcome partner in the state and local economy.” – Mike Harvey, CEO, Enviro Tech Chemical Services
World-Class Workforce & Training – Phillips Community College of the University of Arkansas (PCCUA) is a nationally-recognized member of the award-winning Arkansas Delta Training and Education Consortium (ADTEC).
“The outstanding Arkansas employees have proven to be one of Enviro Tech’s most valuable assets.” – Mike Harvey, CEO, Enviro Tech Chemical Services
Strong Regional Partnership – Phillips County is part of a regional economic development alliance covering eight counties in East Arkansas.
Available Sites – Between the Helena Slackwater Harbor (with its 4,000 acres prime ready-for-development greenfield sites), the Helena-West Helena Industrial Park, Thompson-Robbins Municipal Airport (and its adjoining ready-for-development greenfield sites), and a number of available existing structures spread throughout the area, there is no shortage of available sites to make your own.
Job Creation Incentives
We are glad you are considering relocating your business to Phillips County and we are here to support you all along the way.
The incentives -- Federal, State and Local; Statutory and Discretionary -- to do business in Phillips County are plentiful. Learn more at the link below.
We Look Forward to Your Visit!
To arrange a tour of industrial, commercial, or community sites, call (870) 338-8327 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
111 Hickory Hills Drive
Helena, AR 72342
P.O. Box 447
Helena, AR 72342
Our normal business hours are: Monday-Friday: 10:00am-4:00pm CT
Connect With Our Partners
We invite you to also connect with our strategic partners in Economic Development:
1) Arkansas Economic Development Commission (AEDC) – AEDC is the state agency in charge of promoting economic development statewide. We work closely with them on a variety of fronts (including incentives and financing) to help businesses locate to the very friendly business climate that is Arkansas.
2) Crossroads Coalition – The Crossroads Coalition is a Regional Economic Development Partnership of eight counties in East Arkansas implementing a broad-based approach to economic development.
3) Helena-West Helena-Phillips County Port Authority – The Port Authority is responsible for all industrial development at their extraordinary slackwater harbor and the adjoining 4,000 acres of prime ready-for-development real-estate. Called “one of the finest on the Mississippi River” by the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers and "the best industrial site in the State of Arkansas, bar none" by a statewide economic development leader, it features outstanding river, rail, and road access.