Learn, Play, Grow!
Outside of school, opportunities abound for young people to find healthy, positive ways to enjoy themselves. Some of most active include...
- The J.R. House Athletic Complex offers nearly year-round leagues, including baseball, softball, soccer, and pee-wee football.
- The Helena Community Center offers programming throughout the year from boys and girls basketball leagues to arts & crafts, computers, and even a toy lending library.
- Freedom For Youth in Helena offers mentoring to boys and girls alike.
- The Boys, Girls, and Adults Community Development Center (or “BGACDC”) in Marvell offers comprehensive services and activities for young children all the way through adulthood.
- The Boys & Girls Club of Phillips County, having opened its doors initially in 2006 and completed a 19,000 square-foot $1.1 million mega-facility in 2008, offers year-round after school and summer programming for over 700 members ages 6-18 spanning Character & Leadership; Education & Career; Health & Life Skills; Arts & Music; and Sports, Fitness and Recreation. The Boys & Girls Club also features a partnership with the NBA through its Junior Grizzlies basketball league for boys and girls from Kindergarten through 10th Grade, as well as a baseball program.
- Together for Hope offers youth development opportunities (including youth entrepreneurship, literacy, mentoring and even swim lessons) throughout the county.
Similar programs, both secular and church-based, are also present in Marvell, Elaine, Lake View, Lexa and other parts of the county.
For more information, contact the Chamber at 870-338-8327.