Promoting Your Business
The Chamber has numerous ways to help you promote your business and is expanding its options every day...
Here are some current ways we help promote your business...
- Chamber Website – Serving as a hub for visitors, residents, members, and prospective new residents and businesses, it features an overall business directory as well as certain specialty subsets such as a restaurant guide, a hotel guide, and a shopping guide. This is an excellent way to promote any type of retail business to visitors and residents alike.
- Specials and Promotions Webpage and Email Blast – We are going to create an email list to which residents and regular visitors can subscribe that will allow them to receive regular notifications about the sales and specials posted on the website. In the meanwhile, we use a section of our weekly community email blast to serve this function.
- Shop Local Campaign – For the last few years, we have run a “Shop Local for the Holidays” marketing campaign. In the future, we’re considering a full “Shop Local” campaign that might include branded “Shop Local” decals for participating stores and a coordinated community-wide contest where customers who shop at any of the participating stores are able to enter drawings to win prizes. View our 2015 Small Business Saturday proposal online.
- Phillips County Visitor & Relocation Guide – This comprehensive go-to fulfillment piece for any visitor or new resident serves as a selling tool to new residents, visitors, but also to existing residents, many of whom are unaware of what’s available. There are 20,000 copies in print and the guide can also be found online.
- Welcome Baskets / Bags – The Chamber’s outstanding volunteer Welcome Team distributes beautiful “Welcome Baskets” to all new residents. Nearly 250 have been distributed since April 2011. These baskets include any promotional item that Chamber Members provide at no charge, so it’s a perfect way to introduce your business to new residents who are trying to find a new bank, doctor, hair salon, favorite restaurant, and so on.
- Special Events – The Chamber will help you plan and promote your special event via newspaper and our email list with well over 500 subscribers (e.g. Ribbon Cutting, Open House, Business After Hours).
- Preferred Referrals – The Chamber receives about 1000 inbound inquires each year – from people both inside and outside of the county – many of whom are seeking recommendations for local service providers. We always recommend Chamber Members first.
To explore any of these options further (or to suggest additional ways that we can help), please call 870-338-8327.